- morning: drive to Chicago
- noon: Rock N Roll McDonalds
- Dan remembers he hates driving in the city!
- check into Homewood suites on Grand Ave, 2 blocks off Michigan Ave.
- walk across town (2.7 miles) to Field Museum.
- have a ball checking out the Museum
- begin the long walk back to the hotel
- detour to Buckingham Fountain!
- dinner at the hotel
- dinner part 2 at Portillo's (the pepper steak didn't go over so well with the boys, so the best hotdogs in town, maybe the world, made up for it)
- check out a few sports shops around the hotel
- crash in the hotel!
- walk down to Michigan Ave and check it out
- walk down to Navy Pier: ride the Ferris wheel, merry-go-round and buy some souvenirs
- lunch at McD's (again!)
- catch the trolley back to the hotel to recharge
- walk to Lego Store - wow, amazing!
- more sports stores! great stuff for the kids room
- walk to Sears Tower (waste of time and exhausting!)
- dinner at Lou Malnati's Pizza - the best in Chicago (and don't forget the chocolate chip pizza for dessert!)
- swimming in the pool (jake - "that was fun, except when I almost drowned")
- pack up and drive to north suburbs
- Dan really hates driving in Chicago
- check out our old apartment
- walk around Highland Park (we used to hang out there a lot - though we could never afford anything but coffee)
- head over to Trinity and remember what an awesome experience seminary was. I love that place.
- drive home.