Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Interesting Interview with D.G. Hart

I really appreciate D.G. Hart. I don't always agree with him. Sometimes I don't even understand him. But he always makes me think - think about my assumptions about God, about salvation and about the church especially. His books The Lost Soul of American Protestantism and Deconstructing Evangelicalism: Conservative Protestantism in the Age of Billy Graham are thought provoking and require at least one read if not two or three. This interview by Mark Dever of D.G. Hart is really interesting - in particular Hart's discussion of conversion (is it necessary?), evangelicalism ("If American Protestants had been more confessional than Pietist, their temporary home may have turned more quickly secular, but their churches may also have remained more noticeably religious"), as well as John Nevin/Philip Schaaf and the Mercersburg Theology (a topic I'll be writing a paper on him May/June. I think there's interesting connections between Nevin and paleo-orthodoxy of Oden as well as the theonomy movement. Cant' wait to listen now, can you?).

No comments: